AI Service Customer COVID19
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
As a precautionary measure and part of the national effort to minimise the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and to protect both herdowners and A.I company staff and contractors the following protocols are being implemented for the AI Technician service.
Our AI service will continue operatingas normally as possible under the HSE hygiene guidelines.
This protocol is to minimize contact between the AI Technician and Customer, Herdowners and Farm Staff while on farm.
1. We encourage maximum usage of mobile phone communication to minimize personal contact with your AI technician.
2. Please provide a fresh footbath for the AI technician.
3. Have a designated area for instruction as to what cows are to be inseminated and with what sires ensuring no personal contact.
4. Ensure all animals for insemination are located in CLEAN suitable handling facilities where animals can be restrained and handled safely by the AI technician with no additional personnel required.
5. We encourage the use of once a day AI, to minimise contact with herd owners and AI technicians. There is sufficient evidence to show no difference in conception rates for twice a day AI versus once a day AI.
6. Have clean handling facilities and disinfect the area regularly.
7. Provide a bag or bin for all the disposables- gloves, sheaths and straws.
8. Please inform your local AI technician if you test positive for Covid 19 immediately.
These protocols are in everybody’s interests and your co-operation is appreciated.
Thank you for and on behalf of the Progressive Genetics AI Service Team
Dairy: Maximise Calf Value
Dairy: High EBI Bull Listing
Beef: Prestige Charolais
Beef: Prestige Limousin
Beef: 210 Beef Bulls Listed!
Eddie O'Byrne is one of our dedicated 150 AI Technicians on the road.
- April 2020 (4)
- March 2020 (10)
- February 2020 (10)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (3)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2019 (3)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (2)
- July 2019 (1)
- View older Posts (225)