Beef Sires Progeny Pictures
We really appreciate the time that our customers take to send us in progeny pictures.
A great animal can look poor in a badly taken photo use the below guide to enable you to take better photos.
A picture says a thousand words:
1. Time: Early or late, the middle of the day is not great! Cloudy days work better than bright clear days.
2. Keep the sun behind you. Stand where your shadow does not fall into the picture.
3. Fill the photo with the whole animal – don’t have bits cut-off.
4. Have the “cow” going uphill. Cattle photograph much better when their front legs are higher than their back legs.
5. It is best for the camera to be lower than the centre of the “cow”. Get down on the ground if necessary. Never take a picture with the camera higher than the cow. It makes them look small (butty).
6. The background of your picture is important, a cow standing in a green pasture.
Everyone who send us in progeny pictures between the 19th June and the 1st July, will be entered in a draw for a €75 Progressive Genetics Voucher and their progeny pictures will be considered for the next Beef Catalogue.
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (2)
- April 2020 (4)
- March 2020 (10)
- February 2020 (10)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (3)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2019 (3)
- September 2019 (1)
- View older Posts (227)