Progressive Genetics is a market leader in cattle breeding and milk recording in Ireland. We deliver our services to the farmer community, across 20 counties and are committed to adding value to our farmers’ enterprises.
We are currently looking to recruit a beef specialist to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person in an organisation and industry which is experiencing rapid growth and looking forward to a bright future. The Dairy/Beef sector is going to play a key role in Irish agriculture over the next few years and we are looking to provide expertise in this area. The position is based at the Progressive Genetics Head Office at Rathcore Enfield Co Meath.
The successful candidate should have broad farming experience and a massive interest in all aspects of cattle breeding. An enthusiasm for the industry and a commitment to working as part of a dynamic team is vital for this exciting role.
The successful candidate’s role will include, but is not limited to the following duties;
- Consult with clients,industry organisations and agencies to identify concerns, issues, trends and new developments in the beef industry.
- Work collaboratively with customers, industry partners, breeding advisors and AI technicians.
- Lead the development and delivery of educational materials, training tools and other programs to assist Progressive Genetics in increasing our competitive position.
- Strategically use performance measures to ensure that customer requirements are addressed efficiently and effectively.
- Strong work ethic.
- Drive to deliver above and beyond expectations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced in using social media.
- A love for cattle breeding and farming in general.
- The ability to develop a strong network in the company and in the industry.
- Attention to detail and organisational ability.
Applicants for this position should have:
- A desire to perform and contribute to the overall company performance
- An ambition to excel in the industry.
- Agricultural background.
- Experience in a similar role and Agriculture/Marketing qualifications are an advantage but not essential.
Replies to: Brendan Scanlon, Progressive Genetics, Rathcore, Enfield, Co Meath A83KP98
Closing date for applications Friday 7th April 2023.
Progressive Genetics is an equal opportunities employer.
Progressive Genetics is 100% Irish Farmer Owned. Progressive Genetics is an equal opportunities employer.