Progressive Genetics is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Progressive Genetics in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Progressive Genetics Co-op Society Ltd T/A Progressive Genetics.
- Contact address : Progressive Genetics, Kylemore Road Bluebell Dublin 12.
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Progressive Genetics
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Progressive Genetics Co-op Society Ltd is farmer owned Co-operative with over 300 contractors and employees. The Society’s shareholding is held by 3200 farmer shareholders making it the largest independently owned cattle breeding company in the Republic of Ireland. Progressive Genetics is involved in a range of agri related businesses and services and the following companies form part of the Progressive Genetics organisation:
- Progressive Genetics Ireland ltd
- Rowler Ltd
- Irish Farm Computers Ltd T/A Agrinet
- National Cattle Breeding Centre Ltd
- Irish Cattle Breeding Centre Ltd
- Independent Milk Laboratories Ltd
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Laurence Feeney
What data do we collect?
We want to give our customers the best possible experience. To do so, we need to collect personal data from you for certain processes such as providing a service and when you enquire about our services. “Personal Data” means data which relates to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the data controller.
The data we collect may include:
- Personal information such as name, address, email, phone, mobile and other contact details.
- If you are a buying our products or services we will collect your credit or debit card information and in the case of direct debit we will require your bank account number and sort code or if provided your creamery account details.
- Cookies on our website that help us provide you a tailored experience.
- Your marketing preferences that you provide when you sign up for our products and services.
- Data about your communications such as the date and time of calls/texts you have made to or received from
- Data that we receive from Third Parties where you have given them permission to share your data with us
We also collect BTE herd number details in order to identify the customers herd for milk recording, AI and Sire Advice with ICBF.
Purpose for processing your data
Why are we processing your data?
In order for us to provide you with the AI Service, Milk Recording, Health testing, Semen sales and associated services Progressive Genetics need to collect personal data such as name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), farm type.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing you data under the GDPR is:
- To process transactions and for accounting purposes
- To contact you in relation to your business with us
- To provide you with information in relation to your account
- To provide you with services and farm management information
- To communicate with you in relation to products and services
In any event, Progressive Genetics are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Progressive Genetics use the personal data it collects about me?
Progressive Genetics will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We also use this information for communicating with customers directly through the post, email, phone and SMS. Members can opt-out of some or all of these communications at any time.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Progressive Genetics in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Progressive Genetics procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We will use your data within the Progressive Genetics group of companies to provide you with products, services and information.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Progressive Genetics will facilitate your rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Progressive Genetics refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Progressive Genetics will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Progressive Genetics or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Progressive Genetics data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect. If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Posted by Progressive Genetics
on Friday, 16 August 2019
Posted by Progressive Genetics
on Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Posted by Ross Hamilton
on Tuesday, 21 May 2019
Calving Date Calculator