Beef Sires Progeny Pictures and Free Draw
We really appreciate the time that our customers take to send us in progeny pictures. Thank you.
A great animal can look poor in a badly taken photo use the below guide to enable you to take better photos.
A picture says a thousand words:
1. Time: Early or late, the middle of the day is not great! Cloudy days work better than bright clear days.
2. Keep the sun behind you. Stand where your shadow does not fall into the picture.
3. Fill the photo with the whole animal – don’t have bits cut-off.
4. Have the “cow” going uphill. Cattle photograph much better when their front legs are higher than their back legs.
5. It is best for the camera to be lower than the centre of the “cow”. Get down on the ground if necessary. Never take a picture with the camera higher than the cow. It makes them look small (butty).
6. The background of your picture is important, a cow standing in a green pasture.
Everyone who send us in progeny pictures between the 27th July and the 21st August, will be entered in a draw and their progeny pictures will be considered for the next Beef Catalogue (and also the next Prestige Limousin, Prestige Charolais and Prestige Angus Catalogues).
We would prefer if entries came primarily via our Facebook page although we can take entries via Instagram and Twitter as well, ideally the highest definition possible.
A farmer can enter as many times as they wish – but one time per animal, we may consider putting in two entries per picture for progeny not sired by Gazelle ZAG or Fiston FSZ, if the need arises.
Prize fund of €500!
Progressive Genetics Voucher €150
Progressive Genetics Voucher €100
Progressive Genetics Voucher €75
AgriNet HerdApp – one year subscription c€100 – Your Farm in your hand!
Farm Wardrobe Voucher €50 (see more on Farm Wardrobe here)
Terms and Conditions apply, all progeny must be sired by and NCBC bull to enter the draw, plus if outside of the Progressive Genetics area you will only be entered in the Farm Wardrobe and AgriNet HerdApp draws.
All the best and getting snapping!