Fresh Semen Program 2022
Our Fresh Semen Program begins on 20th April 2022.
This program allows us to deliver the best genetics to our customers in the highest quantities which helps to ensure that farmers increase their profitability & sustainability through improvements made in genetic merit. This year our team has an average EBI of €325 whilst having excellent percentages of fat (0.26%) and protein (0.18%). The average maintainance sub index is €11 whilst our Production sub index is €107.
Get the best genetics into your herd!!
|AI||EBI||Prod SI||Fert SI||Health||Maint||PTA||PTA||PTA||PTA||PTA|
|CODE||Name of Bull||Ped||€||€||€||€||€||Milk||Fat||Protein||F+P||Fat%||Prot%|
|FR6439||(IG)OAKFARM BEHINS ZEUS||PED||€358||€95||€178||€23||€20||172||15.5||13.4||29||0.15||0.13|
|FR7047||(IG)BAURAVILLA PISTOL SRM||SRM||€356||€116||€172||€11||€15||135||22.1||14||36||0.29||0.16|
Arrange with your AI technician plenty of time in advance and let them know if you want to be on the fresh semen program.
Let your AI tech know in plenty of time what you might require.
Ensure that you have completed a sire advice for your herd. This can be done by ringing the Enfield office on 046 954 1230 or by completing a sire advice on ICBF’s Herdplus.
Progressive Genetics Beef on Dairy sires
- Top six Hereford sires available on Dairy Beef Index (DBI)
- Top three Hereford sires available on gestation length
- No. 1, 2, 3 proven Angus in Ireland on the Dairy Beef Index (50+ carcass records, 200+ calving records, ICBF Mar 22 evaluation)
- No. 1 most used beef sire in the Dairy herd 2021
- No. 2 most used beef sire in the Dairy herd 2021 No. 1 Shortest gestation AA sire available in Irish AI
- No. 1 AA sire on Beef Value proven within the Dairy Herd.
- No.1 AA unproven sire available on the Dairy Beef Index
- No. 2 AA unproven sire available on the Dairy Beef Index
- Outstanding team of British Blue sires sourced from ABS that excel for feed efficiency, carcass weight, calving ease and short gestation
- The top three Simmental sires proven on the Dairy Beef Index
- No.1 Saler sire on the Dairy Beef Index
When selecting AI sires, select on the traits of calving ease, short gestation and beef value sub index.
For earlier calving cows, use sires such as HW Farghal (AA4640), Fisher 1 Profile (HE5346) and Turloughmore Magnificent (AU4683)
For later calving cows, use sires with short gestation and calving ease such as Intelagri Matteo (AA4089) and Gabriel Pat (AA4631). These sires also maintain strong beef values and carcass weights.